Culture Picker not available as Widget Element

Topics: Troubleshooting
Nov 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I am running Orchard 1.7.1
Enabled localization
Installed Culture Picker and Culture layer.

Have several Pages with different translations.
Going to widgets and "add" - the culture picker" is not available to choose from.

Please help, as I would like to upgrade an existing site from 1.5 to 1.7

Thank you very much in advance,
Stefan
Nov 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM
It is also not visible in Content Types.
Dec 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Was this issue addressed or resolved? It's holding me up as well.
Jun 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I'm using Orchard 1.8 with CulturePicker 1.6. Widget was also not available for me, but in logs I can see next:
2014-06-24 23:52:22,772 [28] Orchard.Environment.DefaultBuildManager - (null) - Error when compiling assembly under ~/Modules/Orchard.CulturePicker/Orchard.CulturePicker.csproj.
System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): d:\gitRepos\AssociationKG.git\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.CulturePicker\Services\LocalizableMainMenuNavigationFilter.cs(27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ContentMenuItemPart' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
After commenting everything in
Modules\Orchard.CulturePicker\Services\LocalizableMainMenuNavigationFilter.cs
and restarting solution(or website), widget appears and works! But as you can guess commented code is responsible for localizable menus. For my luck I dont need this feature :)

Author of CulturePicker should update Modules\Orchard.CulturePicker\Services\LocalizableMainMenuNavigationFilter.cs to work with latest Orchard