Menu is not changed to selected language

Topics: Troubleshooting
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Hi,

I use Culture Picker in front-end to change language to RU, page content and page title is updated correctly to Russian language but main menu content-items disappear, only custom links are displayed.

What I did was to translate at least one page to RU, I view that page in front-end and then using culture picker I select RU language.

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Do you see in the main menu translated page (in Russian)?
Feb 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM
No I cannot see it, I have even checked in source code and nothing. I have also checked in Admin -> Navigation -> Edit Content Menu Item and see that there is a Menu text field which is used by English version. How do I set to what to display in other languages?

For example in En -> Home, Ru - дома???
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Please, see this video: http://www.screenr.com/q1y
Hope it helps.
Feb 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I find out from the video above that my content type - pages where missing part menu (I though that this part is by default attached to content type page). Now its working but I find out another issue now.

I have translated my second level menu items, and added the Menu text for each one in Russian but the menu items are shown in a straight line and not following the order that I have specified in Navigation.

For example the menu items are shown like this:

Menu Item A (1st level) Menu Item A.1 (2nd level) Menu Item A.2 (2nd level) Menu Item A.3 (2nd level)

And not like this:

Menu Item A (1st level)
Menu Item A.1 (2nd level)
Menu Item A.2 (2nd level)
Menu Item A.3 (2nd level)
Feb 21, 2013 at 6:13 AM
This is either a bug in 1.6 or I am doing it wrong.

I have created a menu in navigation which have 1st, 2nd and 3rd level menu items.
In order to add the translation for each menu item, I had to attach to the content type page, part menu which gives me the option in a page to add the translation for a menu item.
Is this how a translation is added for each menu item in the navigation of Orchard 1.6???
Feb 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I read in the documentation below that Menu part is deprecated from Orchard 1.5 and after. So what is the correct way to add a translation for a menu text if not through Menu Part???

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Builtin-features

Navigation

The Menu part, that was fulfilling this role before Orchard 1.5, is deprecated but still provided for back-compatibility with the data from previous versions of Orchard. This core module also provides the administration menu.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM
As far as I remember, in order to provide translations you don't have to attach Menu Part. You just need to translate your content items. CulturePicker will filter them based on content culture.

Sorry, I've not been working with the project for a while, so can't give a good advice (simply don't remember how it works).
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Thanks for your time, I have created another thread at http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/433959 about this as well.