All texts in French after installing CulturePicker module

Topics: Troubleshooting
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Hi,

I'm new to Orchard and I'm trying to build a simple localized site (Orchard 1.6).

I've enabled Localization and installed the CulturePicker module from gallery. Everything seems ok, but if I already have french .po files installed, after installation all texts are translated in french and also adding and selecting other cultures the texts are always in French.

In Settings-General I've only en-US as default site culture. Trying to add other cultures, I see into Mange Settings > Supported Cultures that en-US is not the default (The text 'en-US' is not bolded and it has a 'x' on the right; in the 'Add a culture...' drop-down list, fr-FR is selected). Only disabling CulturePicker module the en-US culture become the default.

Thank you in advance for your help

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I haven't tested CulturePicker for compatibility with 1.6 yet, but in general it should not affect culture management. Are you sure, that only after disabling CulturePicker module the "en-US" culture becomes a default?

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Thank you for the fast answer.

I just made more tests.

I have installed po files for es-ES, it-IT and fr-FR cultures. I have also added the same cultures as supported cultures in Settings > General.

The normal behavior (with CulturePicker module disabled), is that if I select, as Default Site Culture, a different culture and save, the dashboard (and site) is translated in that culture.

When CulturePicker module is enabled, the dashboard and the site are translated in the culture selected with Culture Picker, and is not possible to change default culture in Settings > General (Changes has no effect).

This means that my initial problem (all texts in french) was due to a French culture selected with CulturePicker.

Maybe this is the expected behavior, I don't know.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Yes, CulturePicker changes culture site-wide currently, and it affects Dashboard as well.