How to use Culture Picker Main Menu Filtering

Topics: General
Jul 7, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Hi, 

I don't understand how to use the "Culture Picker Main Menu Filtering" feature.

Would be nice if you could explain the feature with a short example. (Maybe you could add it to your Documentation) 

If I try to use this feature, none of my menu-items is shown. 

Best wishes

Julian

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Could you provide an example here. I am in the same situation. Basically I have a main menu setup and am using the AdvancedMenu navigation module as well. How do you localize the menu strings? I added the localization content part to menu but it does not do anything. What do you mean by filtering out links for a specific culture? Do I need to duplicate each item and based on if the URL has a culture at the end it will filter it?

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Hi, Please provide an example as I'm using a simple menu and see all items displayed.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastien

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I am using Culture Picker and the "Auto Homepage Redirect" and the menu filtering do not seem to work. Also it is a pain that on the lists, it automatically filters them all, even though the localization part is not added to that content type. Lastly, the culture for someone should be interpreted from the browser default as well or at least persist the cookie information.

I guess the documentation for this is limited. If someone could provide some examples it would be great.

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Hello everybody!

First of all sorry for delayed response. I was too busy with another project and didn't have an apportunity to dedicate any time for the CulturePicker.

@jschlotterbeck, @arock3, @sebaube I will add documentation soon. For now you can take a look at this screencast: http://www.screenr.com/q1y.

@arock3 Unfortunately, AdvancedMenu and CulturePicker are not compatible. Regarding browser culture and cookies. Currently only cookies are used. The browser culture support will be added in future.

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Hi, Does anyone know how to localize a standalone menu?

I have a menu item that links to a subdomain and it won't get show because there is no localization associated with it. The pages works fine.

Or maybe how can I tell the filtering to ignore that particular menu item?